ГДЗ Англійська мова 9 клас. Підручник [Карпюк О.Д.] 2017
16.12.2018, 9 Клас / Англійська мова, 59 164, 18
Lesson 1. The UK Today
READING & VOCABULARY2a. Choose the correct word.
1. The UK consists of four parts: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
2. When people refer to the country, most of them shorten its name to the United Kingdom, the UK or Britain.
3. The North Sea and the English Channel separate the island from Europe.
4. The climate is influenced by the Gulf Stream.
5. Northern Ireland which occupies the north-eastern part of Ireland lies to the west, across the Irish Sea.
2b. Fill in the gaps with the prepositions by, to, of, off.
1. Great Britain is an island lying by the north-western coastline of Europe.
2. The UK is often referred to as Britain.
3. The UK consists of four parts.
4. Due to the influence of the Gulf Stream.
5. Two islands are separated by the Irish Sea.
6. The UK is washed by the Atlantic Ocean.
7. The main rivers of Great Britain are the Thames and the Severn.
2c. Make up sentences with the words and word-combinations.
1) Thanks to the Gulf Stream the UK weather is warm.
2) Jaguar cars are produced by British company.
3) The UK borders France through the English Channel.
4) All British lands are surrounded by water.
5) London is situated in the southern part of the UK.
6) The official name of the. UK is the United Kingdom.
7) The UK coast is washed by The Atlantic Ocean, the North Sea, the English Channel, the Celtic Sea, and the Irish Sea.
8) The UK flag consists of three colours: white, red, and dark-blue.
4. Say if the statements below are true or false.
a — F: The UK consists of four parts: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland;
b — T;
c — F: The Channel Islands and the Isle of Man are closely linked with the UK but are not part of it;
d — T;
e — T;
f — T;
g — F: Most people live in towns and cities but much of Britain is still countryside.
6.Do the quiz about the biggest part of the UK — England.
1-c: four parts; 2-b: London; 3-a: St George; 4-d: Mark Twain; 5-d: Ewan McGregor.
Якщо помітили в тексті помилку, виділіть її та натисніть Ctrl + Enter