ГДЗ Англійська мова 8 клас. Підручник [Несвіт А.] 2021
Unit 3. Lesson 9. The British Writers1. Look at the pictures. Say whom of these English writers you know. Which of their literary works have you read?
I know all these English writers.
I have read «Romeo and Juliet» by William Shakespeare, poems by Robert Burns, detective stories about Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and «The Jungle Book» by Rudyard Kipling.
2. Read the text and answer the questions.
1. Robert Burns is honoured as a national poet of Scotland because he is the Scotland’s favourite son.
2. He was born in Ayre on January 25, 1759. He was the eldest of the seven children in a family. He had little regular schooling. His life was difficult because by the age of fifteen he was the main helper to his father on a farm.
3. Robert Burns got his education from his father.
4. The boy’s father taught his children reading, writing, arithmetic, geography and history and also wrote A Manual of Christian Belief for them.
5. He belonged to the Romantic Movement in literature.
6. Today his poems and songs Auld Lang Syne, A Red, Red Rose, A Man’s A Man for A» That, My Heart’s in the Highlands are well-known.
3. Look at the pictures of the Highlands of Scotland and describe them. Use the words:
(A) It is a marvelous mountain peak and a clear stream. (B) These are snowy mountains and a fabulous lake with clear water. (C) These are breathtaking waterfalls. (D) It is a picturesque stream.
4. b) Work in pairs. Ask and answer the questions.
1. The poem helps me to imagine the author’s native land.
2. He uses the following words to describe it: the mountains high cover’d with snow, the straths and green valleys below, the forests and wild-hanging woods, the torrents and long-pouring floods.
3. He expresses his love to his native land with the following words: birthplace of valour, the country of worth.
6. Put the words in brackets into the correct tense form.
1. The story was made into film last year.
2. The book will be returned to the library tomorrow.
3. The biography of this writer will be studied by many scientists in future.
4. Young William Shakespeare learnt to read Latin and Greek, and he studied the Roman classics.
5. «To be or not to be; that Is the question,» is a well-known phrase by William Shakespeare, but many facts about his life remain a mystery.
6. Have you read any poems by Robert Burns?
Якщо помітили в тексті помилку, виділіть її та натисніть Ctrl + Enter