ГДЗ Англійська мова 9 клас. Підручник [Карпюк О.Д.] 2017
16.12.2018, 9 Клас / Англійська мова, 56 401, 18
Lesson 2. Nature and the Environment
READING & VOCABULARY1. Choose the correct word to complete the sentences that describe the world today.
1. The population of the world is growing.
2. The world is becoming warmer. The Arctic ice is melting.
3. Not everybody has clean water. There are dry places and polluted rivers.
4. We produce a lot of rubbish.
5. There are many endangered animal and plant species.
2. Match each sentence in Task 1 with one prediction about the future of the world below.
3. (about water) A lot of people will be thirsty.
1. (about population) There will be much more people in the world.
5. (about endangered species) They will disappear.
4. (about rubbish) Rubbish will pollute the land and the sea.
2. (about climate) Polar bear won’t enough space to hunt.
9a. Copy the grid on page 152. Read the following explanations and match them with the words from the box.
|1.||It is rubbish, waste or other things we throw away||Garbage|
|2.||It’s a thick forest in tropical parts of the world, like in Amazon area||Rainforest|
|3.||It is our planet||the Earth|
|4.||We have so many of them, like air, sea and land pollution, holes in the ozone layer and so on||Environmental problems|
|5.||They are experiments with nuclear weapons (like bombs)||Nuclear testing|
|6.||It is the process of making our environment dirty and unhealthy for living||Pollution|
|7.||It can come from nuclear, electrical, solar or wind power||Energy|
|8.||It is a very big problem of our time, If we don’t protect them they will disappear forever||Animals in danger|
|9.||A great deal of pollution comes from the fumes (gases) they give off. We should walk or use bikes instead, whenever we can||Cars|
|10.||It is the science that studies the relations of plants, animals and people to each other and to their environment||Ecology|
Якщо помітили в тексті помилку, виділіть її та натисніть Ctrl + Enter