ГДЗ Англійська мова 9 клас. Підручник [Карпюк О.Д.] 2017
16.12.2018, 9 Клас / Англійська мова, 56 401, 18
Lesson 1. Inventions and Discoveries
LISTENING2a. Find the right ending from the box.
1. A person who designs building is called an architect.
2. A person who designs engines and machines are called an engineer.
3. A person who has invented / designed something that hasn’t existed before is called an inventor.
4. A person who creates work of arts, painting or drawings is called an artist.
4a. Listen about Daedalus and his son again and find the words which mean.
— A building in which you can spend years without finding your way out — labyrinth.
— Not easy — challenging.
— Something you shouldn’t tell other people — secret.
— Candles are made of — wax.
— to die under water — drown.
4b. Listen about Leonardo da Vinci and match.
1) Launch means send into the sky;
2) in reverse means backwards;
3) description means something that tells you what something is like;
4) pedals means parts of a bicycle.
7d) Read the stories and insert the past simple of the verbs from the box.
...The British secret service used it for breaking German secret radio messages... Ancient Greeks ate a flat bread with many toppings... In opened its doors in 1830 and is still in business today. People waited for hours to buy it. They bought it for 4 000 US dollars... Leonardo da Vinchi made many drawings of helicopters. They flipped a coin and Wilbur won. He flew for a 12 seconds, at 120 feet (37 metres).
Якщо помітили в тексті помилку, виділіть її та натисніть Ctrl + Enter