ГДЗ Англійська мова 5 клас. Зошит до підручника Карп'юк [Косован О.] 2019
Lesson 3. Weather and activities1. Match the parts of the sentences.
When it is hot - we usually go camping.
When it is snowy - we usually go skiing.
When it is warm - we usually go bathing.
When it is rainy - we usually stay at home.
When it is windy - we usually go sailing.
2. Find, circle and write 9 words hidden in the puzzle.
3. Read the text (PB, p. 170, ex. 2) and complete the sentences with the following words.
• cabins • countryside • activities • lunch • instructor • camp • shelter • first-aid • poisonous • waterproof
1. Cathy is in the outdoor school (camp).
2. She has a lot of (activities) planned there.
3. Cathy and other children live in the (cabins).
4. Their first activity was the (first-aid) course.
5. You should know howto help people when you are in the (countryside).
6. The second activity was (shelter) building.
7. The (lunch) was delicious.
8. In the afternoon children were with a forest plant (instructor) in the woods.
9. You can’t eat (poisonous) mushrooms.
10. Cathy wears her (waterproof) boots and a sweater in the camp.
4. Complete the table with the following words and phrases.
• reading • karaoke • fishing • rock climbing • playing computer games • making fire • boating • watching TV • skiing • playing the piano
reading, karaoke, playing computer games, watching TV, playing the piano.
fishing, rock climbing, making fire, boating, skiing.
5. Complete the sentences with the following words.
• was • were • wasn't • weren’t
1. I (was) at the seaside two years ago.
2. We (were) in the village three weeks ago.
3. John (wasn't) at school last week. He was ill.
4. My parents (weren't) glad to see my bad marks, surprised to see me there.
5. Julia (was) surprised to see me there.
6. Sandra and Melanie (weren't) at the theatre yesterday. The play was cancelled (було скасовано) two days ago.
7. They (were) in New York in 2002.
8. Mike’s sister (wasn't) invited to my birthday party. I wasn’t acquainted with her at that time.
9. Bob lost his cellphone last weekend. He (was) very upset.
6. Complete the sentences with the following prepositions.
1. Tom’s granny lives (in) Canada.
2. Our class was (at the) theatre last week.
3. I left my textbook (in the) classroom.
4. My parents are (at) work.
5. Jill’s uncle has a small cottage (in the) mountains.
6. Peter wasn’t (at) school yesterday.
7. It surprised me that he was still (in) bed.
8. We spent our holidays (at the) seaside.
9. Ann spent the whole summer (at) home.
10. I have got no relatives (in the) country.
7. Complete the dialogue, using the information in brackets.
A: Where were you last summer?
B: (Odesa) I was in Odesa last summer.
A: When were you there?
B: (July) I was there in July.
A: What was the weather like?
B: (Hot and sunny) The weather was hot and sunny.
A: Who was with you?
B: (Parents) My parents were with me.
A: What was your favourite activity?
B: (Swimming) Mt favourite activity was swimming.
8. Write an essay (8—9 sentences) about your favourite holiday or outdoor activity. Use the Past Simple.
I spend my favourite holiday in the Odessa. It was two years ago. I went to the Odessa in August with my perents. The weather was fantastic. It was warm and sunny, but not very hot. Went swimming in the sea almost every day. We sunbathed a lot. When it was cloudy sometimes we went fishing or hiking in the town. When it was windy we sailed a boat.