ГДЗ Англійська мова 9 клас. Підручник [Карпюк О.Д.] 2017
16.12.2018, 9 Клас / Англійська мова, 56 401, 18
Unit 2. LOOK BACK!5a. Match the lines (a-i) on page 102 to make a dialogue with the lines (1-10) below. Then listen to the text and check.
1-f: — Hi David. I can’t start my recorder. And I have this chat show at five. — What chat show?
2-c: — Well, the host is a famous teenage psychologist. — Teenage problem. «I’ve been in love with this girl but I don’t know how to tell her...»
3-d: — And the kids write anonymous questions. — Or «I’ve got bad skin problems. Please helpl It all sounds boring.»
4-b: — No, it’s a great show. I haven’t missed a single one yet. And I have my French class at five. Help! — So what do you want from me?
5-a: — Tell me which buttons to press to get it started. — See you.
6-g: — Come on, it’s urgent. — Do you see the DVD HD mode button?
7-e: — The what button? How do you spell it? — D-V-D-H-D. And mode m-o-d-e, silly. Don’t panic.
8-i: — Ok, I’ve found it. What now? — Press it together with the red button to start the recording. Is anything happen?
9-h: — David, you saved my life. You’re an angel. — A what? How do you spell it?
10: — Ugh, I’ve never been good at spelling, but here you are: A-n-g-e-1. See you at school tomorrow.
7a. Complete the text with the words from the box
The British (1) Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) has two television channels BBC1 and BBC2; The Independent Broadcasting Authority2 (IBA) has one (2) commercial ITV. In addition, there is another independent (3) television channel — Channel 4.
The BBC gets its funds from license fee which all (4) owners of televisions must pay. There are no commercials on BBC (5) channels. The IBA channels are funded by television (6) advertisements. Commercials occur at breaks between (7) programmes. Political and religious (8) commercials and advertisements for tobacco are forbidden.
Both the BBC and the IBA produce (9) educational programmes for schools.
10. Guess the names of the jobs using these explanations.
a) a lawyer;
b) a housekeeper;
c) a social worker;
d) a receptionist;
e) a vet;
f) an electrician;
g) an editor;
j) travel agent.
11. Choose the adjectives from the box to complete the sentences and characterise the occupations.
1. — You are not going to tell me that the life of an engineer is not as tiring, as the life of architect. — Well, I spend a lot of time travelling. Sometimes 5 or 6 hours a day in my car. It’s very exhausting.
2. Can you agree that the job of photographers, writers and journalists are creative?
3. Mary says that teaching is a very pleasant and rewarding.
4. Jobs of plumbers and carpenters can be characterized as skilful.
5. Last year John gave up a really exciting business career and came to some remote area to become a farmer.
6. I have always thought that any job in the theatre is very interesting.
7. People who work as a firemen should be brave as their job is very dangerous.
8. Careers of fashion models are very popular nowadays.
9. People who work as accountants love numbers but I think that working with numbers is very monotonous.
12b. Complete the sentences.
1. Helen works as a career officer in Manchester.
2. Career choices are changing.
3. Girls are more interested in jobs, like advertising, the computer industry and even some unusual jobs like car mechanics.
4. Some boys are interested in housekeeping.
5. We should judge somebody’s work by how a person does it.
6. Everything begins at home.
7. In families where boys and girls share the housework, children are more open to different careers and jobs.
13b. Fill in the grid based on the information from the letters above.
|Name||Ambition would like to||Plan is going to|
|Pete||sleep a lot and forget about everything||take some summer courses to improve my marks|
|Paul||be a professional footballer and got a place in the national team||1) leave school as soon as possible;|
2) spend a weeks in the camp for talented young footballers;
3) work hard
|Sarah||be an ecologist||lead a campaign against the local supermarket chain|
|Chris||travel all over the world on bike||spend 5 weeks touring Scandinavia|
Якщо помітили в тексті помилку, виділіть її та натисніть Ctrl + Enter