ГДЗ ДПА 9 клас. Англійська мова [Константинова О.М., Володіна Л.Л.] 2019
11.05.2019, ДПА, 4 614, 0
Task 1. Read the text. Choose one of the variants А, В, C or D.
1. Socrates never lost his:
2. He liked to discuss philosophy with people and made them ... their point of view.
3. His enemies were sure he was able to ... the youth.
4. If Socrates had agreed with his enemies, he wouldn’t have been:
5. His friends couldn’t ... him.
Task 2. Read the text. Choose one of the variants А, В, C or D.
Big Ben is known as Great Britain’s most famous clock and one of London’s (1) D best known sights, situated on the bank of (2) C the river Thames and being an important part of the city’s
skyscraper. It’s popular both with visitors and Londoners.
There is some misunderstanding as to the name itself. Some people refer it to the clock tower itself, (3) B the others use the name just to the clock. Factually, strictly speaking the name Big Ben is the name of one bell, the largest bell in the clock.
Irrespective of the definition, Big Ben is massive. The tower is 316 foot high. (4) B Every of the four faces of the clock is 23 foot square and the figures are each 4 foot tall.
There are some legends as to the origin of the name Big Ben. Some people consider it (5) B appeared about during the parliamentary debate to consider naming the clock — after Sir Benjamin Hall, who was known as “Big Ben” .
Another possibility is that the name referred to Benjamin Caunt, a heavyweight boxing champion of the time (6) C whose nickname was “Big Ben”.
Task 1. Read the text and decide if the sentences are T (true) or F (false).
1. The mysterious lake is known for its strange creature. TRUE
2. People are not interested in telling stories about Loch Ness Monster. FALSE
3. People describe the creature as a monster having a giraffe-like neck and a great dark green body. FALSE
4. Many tourists come to Scotland because they want to see Loch Ness Monster. TRUE
5. Scientific expeditions proved that the monster really exists. FALSE
Task 2. Read the text below. Choose one of the variants A, B, C or D.
A couple of years ago my Father got a new job. A town where he got it was 100 km from our home. My parents (1) B decided we would have to move, because it took much time for Father to come
to his working place every day.
When they (2) C told me about their plan I was upset because I enjoyed my home and school. I was sure I would (3) D miss all my friends and teachers a lot.
Well, half a year (4) B after that, we moved to another town. The house was more comfortable than the old one, and (5) C from my bedroom window I could see the sea.
I was worried about the first day at my new school. I felt really (6) A nervous about meeting new classmates and teachers. But when I got there everyone was great! My class teacher was nice and I (7) C made friends with some girls from my class. Changing home isn’t that bad, after all!
Якщо помітили в тексті помилку, виділіть її та натисніть Ctrl + Enter