ГДЗ Англійська мова 8 клас. Підручник [Несвіт А.] 2021
Unit 1. Lesson 3. We Are in Fleet Street1. a) Look at the picture. Where are Ann and Dan? What do you think they are talking about?
Ann and Dan are in Fleet Street. I think they are talking about their favourite magazines.
b) Listen and read the dialogue. Say what makes Fleet Street in London such a popular place.
Fleet street is such a popular place because it was the home of the British press.
2. Read and complete the sentences.
1. Fleet Street is in London.
2. It has been the home of the British press for 300 years.
3. The news came from travelers who visited these taverns.
4. History lies under the steel and brick of modern Fleet Street.
5. Today the Canary Wharf has become the centre of world news because of the news agency Reuters which has its offices there.
6. People still refer to the British press as «Fleet Street».
3. Fill in the words from the list, then make sentences using the completed phrases.
1. freelance journalists; 2. news agencies; 3. press bureaus; 4. headquarters of many magazines; 5. strategically located; 6. the attic offices; 7. to keep informed; 8. to let the news travel.
Якщо помітили в тексті помилку, виділіть її та натисніть Ctrl + Enter