ГДЗ Англійська мова 5 клас. Зошит з граматики [Карпюк К.Т.] 2022
UNIT 8 WHERE TO TRAVEL?Сторінка 59
1. Match to make sentences.
1. Cindy Likes the mountains - e. so she wants to go to the
2. Henry wants to visit Greece - c. but he doesn't have enough money.
3. Tim's parents bought the tickets - f. and booked a hotel in Washington.
4. My friends went to Italy - a. but I went to Portugal.
5. Nancy Likes travelling by plane - d. because it is fast.
6. I always read leaflets - b. because I want to know more about trips.
2. Choose a, b or c.
1. I went to the beach (b) because I wanted to relax.
2. I have bought the tickets (c) and packed my suitcase.
3. My family likes travelling abroad, (a) so we are going to Italy next month.
4. The journey was long, (b) so we were all tired in the end.
5. John has been to Ukraine, (a) but he hasn't visited Lviv yet.
6. Helen is going to China (c) and Japan next month.
3. a) Complete the sentences with the correct linking words (and, because, but, so).
1. I checked the map and made a plan for my trip.
2. Mia enjoys swimming in the sea but not in the pool.
3. Ryan wants to visit Italy because the climate there is nice.
4. My sisters like travelling, so I got them a trip to Rome.
b) Write your own five sentences with linking words.
1. I called my friend and we talked about "Avatar”.
2. I have been to many Ukrainian cities, but I haven 't visited Crimea yet.
3. My parents work a lot because they want to built a new house.
4. Kate was very tired, so she went to bed earlier.
5. I love Ukraine, because it is beautiful and strong country.
4. Write an e-mail to your friend about your last trip to some place in Ukraine/abroad.
I want to tell you about my last trip to Carpathians!
My parents like winter sports and they are fond of skiing and snowboarding, so they bought tickets to Bukovel last winter. The friends of my parents also went with us there because they are also fond of skiing.
We went there by cars, because it is fast and comfortable. On our way to Bukovel we visited Lake Synevir, Shypit Waterfall and of course the highest mountain of the Ukrainian Carpathians - Hoverla.
When we reached the place of our destination, we were very tired, so we had a rest at first. But on the next day we skied and snowboarded a lot. We had a lot of fun!
That was the best winter trip in my life.
1. Sort out the words in the box.
|the Canary Islands||Japan|
|the Moon||Oxford Street|
|the Southern Ocean||Odesa|
1. George is my good friend.
2. The United Kingdom is a great country.
3. The Ukrainians are a very friendly nation.
4. Bella lives in Bleecker Street.
5. My cousins are from New York.
6. Max wants to go to the Crimean Peninsula.
7. The told Helen about his big trip.
8. Look at the sky! It is so beautiful!
3. Make your own five sentences with the words in the box. Use 'the' where necessary.
1. I have never been to Africa.
2. The Carpathians are very beautiful.
3. Mount Everest is the Earth’s highest mountain above the sea level.
4. The National Museum is number one attraction.
5. I want to visit Canada, because it is very beautiful country.
4. Play the game. Your teacher says some names of people/places and you clap if the word is used with 'the'. If it isn't, you keep quiet. If someone claps when the word isn't used with 'the' or vice versa, he/she is out of the game.
1. Complete the sentences with the correct linking words.
1. Dave and Sue are my best friends.
2. I want to go to Kyiv because there is a job for me.
3. Max was ill, so he didn't go to school last week.
4. Kelly doesn't want to go to the sea because she can't swim.
5. Pete is not keen on camping, but his older brother is.
6. We like travelling both to Europe and Asia.
7. This journey will be long, so we can explore a lot of things
8. My family often travels by car and by train.
9. They enjoy visiting London, but they hate the traffic there.
10. Joe is going to Italy this summer and he wants to learn Italian.
11. Wendy plans to go abroad this year, so she needs to check some leaflets.
12. You want to visit Spain, but it is not your only choice this time.
2. Fill in 'the' where necessary.
1. A lot of people travel to the British Isles.
2. Greenland is where Anita wants to go this year.
3. Hoverla is the highest mountain in my country.
4. Many people go to the Alps to ski in winter.
5. Her brother Duke enjoys skating very much.
6. The Browns are coming to visit me tonight.
7. Thomas has never been to the Sahara.
8. Our biggest shopping centre is in Symonenko Street.
9. The London Eye is one of the favourite tourist attractions in my city.
10. There are many things to see and to do in Lviv.
11. Ricky has visited the Balkan Peninsula three times already.
12. We want to explore some countries in South America next month.
3. Put the words in brackets into the correct tense form.
1. Look at those jeans! I have bought them!
2. Ed has not done his homework yet.
3. Sam and Julia met Frank this afternoon.
4. If I am bored, I read some books.
5. Wendy started her lesson at 10 am today.
6. Bill and Jack are working at the moment.
7. Kim went to Canada last month.
8. Diana has guitar lessons twice a week.
1. We clean the house every Wednesday.
2. Jim has seen this film three times already.
3. Edna will have some guests next weekend.
4. The sky is grey - I think it's going to rain.
5. If you see Fred, ask him about the tickets.
6. Tim and Teresa are making a cake for their mother now.
7. Ryan played with his little brother yesterday.
8. This hat is too big for Dave. He is not going to take it.
Якщо помітили в тексті помилку, виділіть її та натисніть Ctrl + Enter