ГДЗ Англійська мова 5 клас. Робочий зошит [Карпюк О.Д., Карпюк К.Т.] 2022
Unit 4. It’s time to celebrate!
(Сторінка 41-49)Сторінка 41
1. Look at the dates and write the names of the holidays. Then write full sentences as in the example.
1. 1 January - New Year. It is on 1st January.
2. 7 January- Christmas. It is on 7th January,
3. 14 February - Valentine's Day. It is on 14th February.
4. 8 March - Women's Day. It is on 8th March.
5. 1 April - Fool's day. It is on 1st April.
6. 24 August - Independence Day. It is on 24th August.
7. 31 October - Halloween. It is on 31st of October.
2. Look through the words below and write what holidays they belong to.
1. A Christmas tree — Christmas
2. Egg Hunt - Easter
3. Scary costumes - Halloween
4. A heart shaped present - Valentine’s Day
5. A big cake with a number - Birthday
6. A national parade - Independence Day
1.a) Complete the sentences with the words in the box.
1. She got a lot of treats on St Nicholas Day Last year.
2. Christmas is a holiday for both adults and children.
3. Mike wore a scary costume of a monster on Halloween.
4. I need to get some big pumpkins for 31st October,
5. All Saint's Day is a big holiday on 1st November.
b) Make your own three sentences with the words in the box.
1. Autumn is a beautiful season of the year.
2. Halloween is a holiday celebrated each year on October 31.
3. Jack-o'-lantern is a carved lantern, made of pumpkin.
2. Read the text on page 61 in your SB and choose a), b) or c).
1. Halloween is a holiday for a) children in Britain, Canada and the USA.
2. Halloween is not really a b) religious holiday,
3. Kids make jack-o'-lanterns and put c) candles inside them.
4. Every Halloween children wear scary costumes and c) masks.
5. Adults give kids treats, a) money or sweets, on Halloween,
6. You can get very b) wet when you play "Bobbing for Apples" on Halloween.
3. Read the text and answer the questions.
Різдво - релігійне свято, яке збирає разом багато сімей і друзів. Люди прикрашають свої домівки і головною прикрасою є ялинка. На нього ставлять різні електричні лампочки, скляні кульки та дзвіночки. Також батьки таємно кладуть під нього подарунки своїм малюкам.
Увечері багато людей йдуть до церкви, щоб вшанувати Ісуса Христа, адже це день його народження.
Вони також співають багато різдвяних пісень, які називаються «колядками». Сім'ї влаштовують святкову вечерю разом, і діти нарешті можуть відкрити свої подарунки. Проте діти можуть подарувати батькам і подарунки, адже це час «дарувати», а не тільки «брати».
1. What does Christmas do?
Christmas brings many families and friends together, 2. What is the main Christmas decoration?
The main Christmas decoration is the Christmas tree.
3. What do people use to decorate their Christmas trees?
People use different electric lights, glass balls and bells to decorate their Christmas tree.
4. What do parents put under the Christmas treat?
Parents secretly put presents for their kids under the Christmas tree.
5. Why do many people go to church at Christmas?
Many people go to church to honour Jesus Christ, because Christmas is his birthday.
6. What are "carols"? Christmas songs are called „carols”.
7. What do people do in the evening at Christmas?
In the evening at Christmas people have a festive dinner together.
8. What is Christmas Day about?
Christmas is the time of „giving", not only „taking".
1. Listen about Mia's favourite holiday and fill in the gaps with the correct word.
Mia is reading her composition about Easter. Easter Sunday is in March or April. I love this holiday best of all. On Saturday I decorate the eggs and put them in a basket. On Easter Sunday Mum hides the basket with eggs somewhere in the garden. I usually find it very quickly. I wear nice clothes to church. At church we sing Easter songs, After church we usually go for a walk. The nature looks beautiful. Easter time is the best time of the year.
2.Listen again and answer the questions.
1. When is Easter Sunday?
Easter Sunday is in March or April.
2. Are the days longer or shorter in spring?
The days are longer in spring.
3. What does Mia do on Saturday?
On Saturday Mia decorates the eggs.
4. what does Mia's mum do on Easter Sunday?
On Easter Sunday Mia's mum hides the basket with eggs somewhere in the garden.
5. What clothes does Mia wear when she goes to church?
Mia usually wears nice clothes when she goes to church.
6. What do people look like on this day?
The people look happy on this day.
7. What do they usually do after church?
After church they usually go for a walk.
8. What does the nature look like?
The nature looks beautiful.
1. Circle the correct word.
1. Sue wants to make a surprise for Tom's birthday.
2. I got a great prize when I won the game yesterday.
3. Ben doesn't like contests because he is afraid to lose.
4. Fiona has given me an invitation to her birthday party.
5. They want to join our group to help us make some decorations.
6. Let's play some music! Rick has his guitar with him!
7. Jack is really looking forward to his birthday this year.
8. My parents wished me good luck before the contest.
2. Ann wants to have a Christmas party with her family and friends.
Write a list of things she may need to make it fun.
interesting games - contests
decorations small - presents
sweets - costumes
songs - fireworks
1. Match the questions with the answers.
1. What day is it today - c. It is Halloween!
2. What are you wearing? - d. A monster costume!
3. What will you do? - e, I'll go trick-or-treating!
4. How are you - b. I'm very excited!
5. What's that? - a. It's a pumpkin Lantern!
2. a) Put the phrases into the correct order to make a dialogue.
1. Bill: Hi, Jules! How are you?
2. Jules: Hey, Bill! Oh, I'm so excited!
3. Bill: Really? Why?
4. Jules: Because it's Halloween this Sunday!
5. Bill: Oh, right. Do you have a costume?
6. Jules: Sure! I will be a pirate! What about you?
7. Bill: I'm not sure yet. Last year I was a monster but I got very wet.
8. Jules: Why? Was there rain?
9. Bill: No, I just bobbed for apples too much.
10. Jules: Oh, Bill! How about being a witch this year?
11. Bill: A witch? Why?
12. Jules: Because I can give you a scary coat and a big hat so you won't get wet again!
b) Finish the dialogue above with your own ideas.
Bill: That's very nice of you. I think no one recognize me in this costume.
Jules: Definitely! You can also change your voice so that it's going to be more spooky.
Bill: Sure, I will do that! Thank you'.
Jules: You are welcome! See you at the party.
1. Imagine that you are going to have a birthday party for your friend. Make a plan of what you will do and a list of things which you will need.
Make invitations Decorate the room Play games Sing Songs Make contests Make funny photos
Balloons Colourful paper Ribbons Sweets Pizza, ice-cream, cola Costumes
2. Write about other Christmas traditions you know and share them with your classmates.
In the evening of January 6. people sing Christmas carols. Boys and girls prepare special songs and poems that they take from house to house, entertaining their neighbors in exchange for sweet gifts and coins.
1. Choose to complete the sentences.
1. Thanksgiving Day is on b) the 4th Thursday in November.
2. It is a a) harvest festival.
3. The history of the holiday comes back to a) 1621.
4. The first celebration was when a) the Indians invited the Pilgrims to join the festival.
5. They celebrate Thanksgiving Day in a) Canada and the USA.
2. Match the holidays with the texts.
1. Christmas - c. People celebrate it on 25th December. They cook turkey, green vegetables and a pudding. They give each other presents.
2. St Valentine's Day - d. This holiday is in February. People in love give each other chocolates, special cards and other presents.
3. Mother's Day - a. Children are happy to celebrate this holiday in spring because they give presents to their mothers.
4. a birthday - b. On this day you invite your friends to a party.
You play games, dance and sing. You get a lot of presents.
3. Complete the sentences.
Most Christians celebrate Christmas on 25th December. At Christmas people have a festive dinner together with all members of the families. On Christmas Eve many people go to church to honour Jesus Christ. Children believe that Santa Claus comes to their houses through the chimney and leaves the present for them under the Christmas tree. Families and friends gather together, give presents to each other and sing carols. For Christmas dinner they cook a lot of food: roasted turkey, different salads, kutia, jushka.
4. You are going to have an international party. Work in pairs and write your invitation. Think аbout:
Let's join together and have fun at the international party „The world in our hands!"
The party will take place on Friday in our School Hall, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
You don't need to bring any food, but you can bring something to drink.
Games, songs and a lot of sweets are in the program!
Call me if you have any questions: 09876458488
5. Think of your birthday last year. Write a short article about it. Use the questions below.
My last year's birthday was great. I had a big party with my friends.
We played different games, sang songs and danced.
My mum baked a huge cake and muffins.
She also ordered a pizza for us.
We ate everything. That was delicious!
Everyone enjoyed the party.
Якщо помітили в тексті помилку, виділіть її та натисніть Ctrl + Enter