ГДЗ Англійська мова 5 клас. Робочий зошит [Карпюк О.Д., Карпюк К.Т.] 2022
Unit 5. What’s the weather like today?
(Сторінка 50-61)Сторінка 50
1. Fill in the sentences with the words in the box.
1. It is sunny today. However, I will take my umbrella anyway.
2. The climate is terrible here: it is usually cold and windy.
3. It is a little chilly, so Ann has put on her jacket.
4. I really like the weather today: it's warm and sunny,
5. Yesterday it was very freezing - I had to put my winter coat on!
6. This rainforest is beautiful! There are so many trees and plants here!
2.Look at the pictures and write what the weather is like.
Then write what the weather is like in your town/city today.
LONDON. It is raining in London. It is cloudy too.
ROME. It is sunny in Rome. It is warm too.
TORONTO. It is snowy in Toronto. It is cold too.
MY TOWN/CITY. It is cloudy in (твоє місто), It is windy too.
3. Write what the climate is like in different zones as in the example.
1. Polar zone: freezing, snowy
2. Cold zone: cold, windy
3. Moderate zone: chilly in winter, warm in summer
4. Subtropical zone: hot, sunny
5. Tropical zone: very hot, sunny, dry
4. Look at the pictures and write what the weather is like and what everyone can do.
1. Peter. It is snowy, Peter can go outside and make a snowman.
2. Carla. It is warm and sunny. Carla can go outside and play with her friends, or ride a bike.
3. John. It is cold and windy. John can stay at home and watch some film or play computer games.
4. Lilly. It is rainy. Lilly can stay at home and read a book or chat with her friends.
5. Ben, Bella. It is foggy, but Ben and Bella can have a walk in the park.
1. Look at the map and write the weather is like in different places.
It is foggy in Paris. It is hot in Athens. It is rainy in Rio. It is cold in New York. It is snowy in Ottawa.
2. Write answers to the questions.
1. What is the weather Like in your town/village today?
It is warm but cloudy today.
2. What was the weather like yesterday?
It was cold and windy yesterday.
3. When does it usually rain in your town/village?
It usually rains in autumn.
4. Does it often snow in your town/village in winter?
No, it doesn't.
5. Is it usually hot in your town/village in summer?
Yes, it is usually hot here in summer.
1. Do the crossword.
2. Write your own sentences with the words from the crossword.
1. We are expecting a nice weather.
2. But the weather forecast says it's going to rain.
3. Let's watch the weather report in the Internet.
4. It's going to be warm — 22 degrees centigrade.
5. The temperature of the water will be great too.
6. Today we have 20 degrees centigrade.
3. Read the text on pages 77-78 in your SB and match the places with the temperature.
1. Berlin - c. 9 °C
2. London - d. 12 °C
3. Madrid - e. 15 °C
4. Oslo - b. 0 °C
5. Rome - a. 22 °C
4. a) Read the text on pages 77-78 in your SB again and complete the sentences.
1. This is the weather report for our continent,
2. In London it was foggy with a temperature of 12 degrees centigrade.
3. In Berlin it was windy and cloudy,
4. In Madrid it was rainy again.
5. In Rome it was sunny and warm.
6. In the north it was cold,
b) Check on the Internet what the weather was like in Kyiv and Oslo yesterday.
1. In Kyiv it was cloudy but warm,
2. In Oslo it was sunny but cold.
1.a) Listen and guess what the poem by Christina Rossetti is about.
White sheep, white sheep, On a blue hill.
When the wind stops You all stand still.
When the wind blows You walk away slow,
White sheep, white sheep Where do you go?
b) Listen again and fill in the gaps.
2.a) Listen to the song and put the lines in the correct order.
1. Falling from the sky,
2. Soft and white
3. Falling through the air
4. Day and night,
5. Cold and bright,
6. Pretty sight,
7. Snow, snow, snow!
8. At last we know
9 It’s snow, snow, snow!
b) Listen and sing along.
3. Complete the chant.
1. Today is sunny and hot Can I wear my jeans - or not?
I think shorts are better because of the weather.
2. Today is cold and there's snow Can I wear my shoes - do you know?
I think boots are better because of the weather, 3. Today is windy and cool Can I wear my jumper to school?
I think a jacket is better because of the weather.
4. Write what the weather is like.
1. I'm wearing my rubber boots and a jacket. I can't go out without my umbrella. It's raining.
2. I can't go out of the house. Leaves and papers are flying all around. It's windy
3. We are planning a picnic, but I don't think we can go. Look at the sky - it's completely grey. It's cloudy,
4. I can't see a thing. It's pretty scary to be in the car. It's foggy
5. The children in my street are so happy. Soon they can make a snowman. It's snowy.
1. It is cold, - c. Wear your jacket and jeans.
2. It is freezing. - d. Wear your coat and gloves.
3. It is wet and chilly. - b. Wear your raincoat and boots.
4. It is hot, - a, Wear your shirt and skirt.
2. Look at the pictures and write what each person is wearing.
Tor . Tom is wearing a suite, a shirt and shoes.
Amy. Amy is wearing jeans, a jacket and a boots. She also has a hat on the head.
Ned. Ned is wearing a T-Shirt, shorts and trainers. He also has a cap on his head.
Sue. Sue is wearing a dress, a bar and shoes.
1. Match the clothes with the right place.
1. A black suit is for - c. the party.
2. A white robe is for - d. home.
3. A blue scarf is for - a. the park.
4. A yellow T-shirt is for - b. the gym.
2. Fill in the sentences with the words in the box.
1. Jane wore a beautiful blouse and a skirt at the party yesterday.
2. I always wear my slippers when I'm at home.
3. Be careful! It's very wet outside today.
4. Bella took her swimsuit before going to the beach.
5. It is very slippery after the rain today.
6. The weather was frosty and snowy, so I stayed at home.
7. Ben has put on his jumper because it is 0°C outside.
8. Jack hates stormy weather because it is scary.
3. Fill in the table with the names of clothes that you wear in each season.
1. Check what the weather was like in Sydney and Washington, D.C. a few days ago and write two weather reports for them.
It was cold and windy in the It was botany sunny in Sydney.
Washington, D.C. The temperature was 30 degrees
The temperature was 5 degrees centigrade.
centigrade. It was snowing.
1. a) Look at the map of Europe and find the countries. Then complete the weather forecast for tomorrow.
What is the weather going to be like in Europe tomorrow?
It's going to be sunny and hot in Greece.
It’s going to be rainy in Paris.
It's going to be sunny in Madrid.
It's going to be foggy in London.
It's going to be windy in Warsaw.
It's going to be hot in Athens.
It’s going to be rainy in Kyiv.
1.b) Correct the sentences. Use 'It's going to' or 'It's not going to'.
1. It's going to be hot in Greece.
2. The weather is going to be nice in Spain.
3. It's going to be cold in the UK. People will stay at their homes.
4. It's going to rain in Ukraine and people will need their umbrellas.
5. People will not go skiing in France because it's going to rain.
6. In Poland people will stay at home because it’s going to be windy.
It is sunny but cold today.
It was foggy and cold yesterday.
It was cloudy and rainy the day before yesterday.
In summer it is usually warm and sunny.
In winter it is usually cold and snowy.
We go to the beach because the weather is good.
We don't go to the beach because the weather is not good.
3. Fill in the text with the words in the box.
There are four seasons in a year. Each of them brings different weather and different clothes. When it is hot people wear T-Shirts and shorts, light blouses and skirts, dresses, sports shoes, socks and sandals. In summer people dress like this in Africa, Canada, Ukraine, Great Britain and America.
In cold weather people usually put on warm clothes: jeans and trousers, jumpers and jackets, high boots and mittens.
In winter they wear fur coats and fur caps, overcoats and caps.
or gloves. The proverb says, "There is no bad weather, there are bad clothes." Another proverb says, "Everything is good in its season."
4. Your friend is going to visit Ukraine in winter. Write an e-mail to him/her describe the weather and advise what clothes he/she needs to take.
I can 't wait to meet you here, in Ukraine and make a snowman together! Don 't forget to take warm clothes! Sometimes it is really cold in winter in Ukraine. Don 't worry about the mittens, I 've bought them for you as a present:) See you soon'.
Якщо помітили в тексті помилку, виділіть її та натисніть Ctrl + Enter