ГДЗ Англійська мова 5 клас. Робочий зошит [Карпюк О.Д., Карпюк К.Т.] 2022
Unit 7. The place I live in.
(Сторінка 73-80)Сторінка 73
1.a) Guess the adjectives.
1. free, individual - independent
2. belonging to a country - national
3. full of skills and abilities - talented
4. very old - ancient
b) Make your own sentences with the adjectives above.
1. Ukraine is an independent country with independent people.
2. There are a lot of national treasures in our country.
3. Ukrainians are talented and skillful people.
4. There are a lot of ancient relics in Ukraine that prove our unique culture.
2. Read the text on page 108 in your SB again and mark the sentences T (true) or 'F' (false). Then note what is wrong with the sentences that are false.
1. Many people know a lot about Ukraine. False
2. Ukraine is in the south of Europe. False
3. Ukraine's territory is 603.7 thousand square kilometres. True
4. In the past, Ukraine was part of Kyivan Rus, but now it is independent. True
5. The Ukrainians celebrate their Independence Day on 24th July. False
6. Ukraine's capital city is Kyiv. True
7. The Ukrainians usually live in big cities. False
8. The Ukrainians are talented, nice and not lazy. True
9. Their language, culture, customs and traditions come from other nations. False
10. Blue and yellow are the colours of the Ukrainian national flag. True
Many people don't know a lot about Ukraine.
Ukraine is in the centre of Europe.
The Ukrainian's celebrate their Independence Day on 24th August. Ukrainians live in big cities, small towns and villages.
They have their own language, culture, customs and traditions.
3. Complete the sentences with the words in the box.
1. Kyi, Shchek and Khoryv are the founders of Kyiv.
2. Kharkiv took its name after the river near it.
3. Ukraine has a rich culture - there are many customs and traditions there.
4. Our capital is a very big and busy city.
5. What do the colours of your national flag symbolize?
6. Cherkasy is in the centre of Ukraine.
7. Ukraine is a beautiful European country.
8. The Ukrainians are building a powerful state.
4. Replace the bold words with the words from the text on page 109 in your SB.
1. There are a lot of cities and towns in this country. Ukraine
2. Every town/city has its own very old name, ancient
3. He named the town after his son, Leo, Danylo of Halych
4. These towns were named after the rivers near them. Kharkiv, Uzhhorod, Luhansk, Poltava.
5. These people are similar to the other Europeans. Ukrainians
6. They enjoy doing these activities, too. Travelling, meeting other people, doing sports.
1. a) Look at the map and Label the places.
b) Write what other places there can be in a town/city.
Cinema, cafe, hospital, railway station, gallery, theatre, club
2. Write what the differences between a town and a city are.
TOWN - not big not overcrowded not many cars not many places of interest
CITY - very big many people many cars many places of interest
1. Complete the sentences with the words in the box.
1. The Ukrainians are very proud of their great country.
2. There are a lot of crossroads in Kyiv because it is a big city.
3. My native Language is Ukrainian but I also speak English.
4. There are 24 regions in Ukraine and they are called “oblasts".
5. Kyiv is famous for its Long history and many interesting places to visit.
6. There are many traditional as well as modern attractions in our town.
7. Ivan Likes Living in his town because there's no heavy traffic there.
8. You have to be careful when you drive in Kharkiv - there are many traffic lights.
2. Read the text on page 111 in your SB and choose a), b) or c).
1. The unde lives in the countryside, b
2. There is a square in the centre of the village, a
3. The club is opposite the hotel, a
4. People go to the club to talk, sing and dance, a
5. The houses in Krasne have got 2-3 floors, b
6. A lot of people have got gas, hot and cold water in their homes, b
7. Along the streets there are many flowerbeds, c
8. There are some crossings and traffic tights opposite the train station, c
3. Read the texts on page 112 in your SB and mark the sentences 'T' (true) or 'F' (false). Then note what is wrong with the sentences that are false.
1. Skala-Podilska is a big village in Ternopii region. True
2. It is famous for its large square in the village centre. False
3. There are more than 200 kinds of trees in Skala-Podilska. False
4. Iryna's favourite trees are oak trees which can be very old. True
5. Taras Shevchenko had a nap under a 400-year-old oak tree there. False
6. Danylo's native town is Nizhyn in Chernivtsi region. False
7. Nizhyn is 870 years old and there is the Oster River there. True
8. A lot of famous poets and writers visited Nizhyn, True
9. Ivan Franko studied in the town of Nizhyn. False
10. There are many interesting and historical places in Nizhyn. True
2. It is a famous for its large square in the village centre.
3. There are more than 100 kinds of trees in Skala-Podilska.
5. Bohdan Khmalnytsky had a nap under a 400-year oak tree there.
6. Danylo's native town is Nizhyn in Chernihiv region.
1. Listen about the capital of Ukraine (SB, p. 114. task 1) and choose the correct item.
1. Kyiv is a beautiful and ancient b) city.
2. Kyiv stands c) on the river,
3. Khreshchatyk is the main a) street of the capital.
4. Maidan Nezalezhnosti is b) in the centre of the capital.
5. The symbol of the city is the c) chestnut leaf,
2. Complete the text with the words in the box.
Kharkiv is the second largest city in Ukraine. It was the capital of Ukraine in 1919-1934. The city took its name after the river it is on. Kharkiv is a beautiful green city with lots of chestnut trees along the streets. The city's monuments, churches and towers tell us a lot about the history. The city if famous for its National University. Kharkiv region is well-known for its talented and hardworking people. They are proud of their city.
3. Match to make sentences.
1. Kyiv is - e. an ancient city,
2. The founders of Kyiv are - f. Kyi, Shchek and Horyv.
3. The symbol of Kyiv is - c. the chestnut leaf.
4. St Sophia Cathedral is - a. one of the places of interest.
5. Maidan Nezalezhnosti is - b. the central square of the city.
6. Khreshchatyk is - d. the main street of Kyiv.
1. a) Look at the map. Use the phrases in task 3 in your SB to ask about these places.
1. How do I get to the main square?
2. Excuse me, where the nearest bus station is here?
3. What the shortest way to the art gallery is?
4. How can I get to the bank?
5. Which bus should I take to get to the museum?
6. How far the supermarket is?
7. Where the theatre is?
8. How can we find the nearest restaurant?
b) Now answer the questions you have made, using the vocabulary from tasks 1 and 3 on page 115 in your SB.
1. Go straight and cross the road.
2. It is on the other side of the road, just cross it.
3. Go straight ahead, turn left and cross the road. It is not far from the bus station.
4. Go straight up to the city square, turn left and cross the street, 5. Take a bus number 5-A.
6. Go straight ahead; turn right and go along the street. It is behind the theatre.
7. Go straight ahead, turn right and at the corner and you'll see it.
8. It's right here, just go ahead 50 meters.
1. Match the questions to the answers.
1. How far is the theatre from here? - c. It's 20 metres from here.
2. Where is the main square? - d. It's in the city centre, of course.
3. Which bus goes to the Local zoo? - e. Bus #11 goes there.
4. How can we get to the bookshop? - b. You can take bus #3 or go by taxi.
5. What is the shortest way to the bank? - a. It's through Regent Street.
2. Answer the questions with your own answers.
1. What attraction are there in Kyi ?
There are a lot of attractions: Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra, Khreshchatyk, museums and cathedrals.
2. What is Lviv famous for?
it is famous for its chocolate, coffee and lions.
3. What makes Odesa so beautiful?
The seaside, people and architecture.
4. What can you do in the Carpathian Mountains?
You can go into the mountains, make camping and climb Hoverla.
5. What is special about your town/city?
It is very beautiful, comfortable for living and my home is there.
Якщо помітили в тексті помилку, виділіть її та натисніть Ctrl + Enter