ГДЗ Англійська мова 5 клас. Робочий зошит [Карпюк О.Д., Карпюк К.Т.] 2022
Unit 8. Where to travel?
(Сторінка 85-90)Сторінка 85
3. Read the comments on page 125 in your SB again and write the
name of the person next to the sentences.
This person ...
1 ... enjoys travelling his/her native country. - Olenka
2 ... has a favourite kind of transport and it is a plane. - Bao
3 has travelled many times. - Nick
4 ... believes all kinds of transport are fine. - Amara
5 ... likes Italy because it is beautiful and interesting. - Nick
6 ... is from a big country with lots of interesting places. - Olenka
7 ... travelled on foot in the woods last year. - Amara
8 ... sometimes gets sick when going by train. - Bao
4. Fill in the box with different ways of travelling. Then write the best way to get to each place below from where you are now.
1. To Kyiv - by car,
2. To New York - by plane.
3. To Krakow - by train.
4. To Dnipro - by bus.
5. To London - by plane,
6. To your home - on foot.
1. Look at the pictures below. Write the name and what language he/she may speak.
Country: France - Italy - Ukraine - Japan
Language: French - Italian - Ukrainian - Japanese
Country: China - Portugal - Australia - Germany
Language: Chinese - Portuguese - English - German
2. Label the lists with the words from task 4 on page 126 in your SB. Add any other places to the lists that you know.
1. countries: Egypt, Greece, Canada, Ukraine; the UK, the USA
2. deserts: the Sahara, the Gobi, the Mojave, Namib; Atacama
3. rivers: the Mississippi, the Dnipro, the Thames, the Amazon, the Nile.
4. continents: Australia, Africa, Antarctica, Europe, Asia, North America, South America,
5. mountains: the Alps, the Carpathians, the Himalayas, the Andes.
6. seas: the Black, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, the Azov.
1.a) Read the texts in task 3 on pages 127-128 in your SB and write the name of each country next to the sentences.
1. it includes four countries. The UK
2. Rugby and cricket are popular there. Australia
3. It has got six time zones, the USA
4. There are kangaroos there. Australia
5. People there like tea with milk, the UK
6. Many people there are keen on baseba,the USA
7. Their capital city is Canberra. Australia
8. They pay in pounds, the UK
9. One of the big cities there is Houston, the USA
b) Write what other things you know or remember about these three countries.
The UK: monarchy, island country, royal family
The USA: third largest country in the world, is washed by 2 oceans, 4th of July
Australia: Great Barrier Reef; unique animals, no winter
2. Sort out the names of the cities below.
Then add any other cities that you know in these three countries.
The UK: Manchester Cardiff, Liverpool
The USA; Los Angeles, Chicago, Phoenix
Australia: Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra
3. Make a List of things you would like to see and to do in the UK, the USA and Australia. Then compare your lists with your classmates.
Things to see; Stonehange, London Eye, the Costwolds, Tower Bridge Things to do: trink tea with milk, visit Buckingham Palace, visit British Musuem take a tour around London
Things to see: Niagara Falls, Statue of Liberty, Grand Canyon, Yosemite National Park
Things to do: take a tour around New York, eat cheesecake; climb Empire State Building.
Things to see: Sydney Opera House, Great Barrier Reef, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park
Things to do: swim in the sea, ride a surfboard
1. Look and match.
1 Windsor Castle
2 the Houses of
3 St Paul's Cathedral
4 the London Eye
5 Buckingham Palace
6 the River Thames
2. Circle the sights you can see in London.
Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Hyde Park, Tower Bridge, Trafalgar Square, a red donble-decker
1. Sort out the countries below.
North America: the USA, Mexico, Canada
South America: Brazil, Peru, Argentina
Europ: Germany, Italy, Spain
Asia: China, India, Japan;
Africa: Egypt, Morocco, Congo
2.Match. You can use a map to help you.
1. Australia - c. Canberra
2. Austria - d, Vienna
3. Brazil - e. Brasilia
4. China - b. Beijing
5. Egypt - a, Cairo
3. Complete the sentences with the phrases in task 3 on page 131 in your SB.
1. Jane wants to go on the excursion in London.
2. Sam and Pam had an exciting journey to South Africa last year.
3. I would like to buy souvenirs at the end of our trip.
4. We enjoyed our holidays in Paris very much.
5. Nick needs to share some information with me about the trip.
6. My younger brother wants to explore a new country this summer.
4. Make your own sentences with the words in the box.
1. London is the capital of Great Britain.
2. The boss has a business trip.
3. Famous people have a lot of trips,
4. This rule is very important.
5. It is sunny today.
6. There are a lot of tourists here in summer.
Якщо помітили в тексті помилку, виділіть її та натисніть Ctrl + Enter