ГДЗ Англійська мова 9 клас. Підручник [Несвіт А.] 2017
Lessons 5–6. The Giant’s Causeway1. Look at the photos of the Giant’s Causeway. What do you think: is it created by people or nature? Exchange your opinions.
I believe the Giant’s Causeway is created by nature. It is a result of an ancient volcanic eruption and it is a prominent well-known landmark of Northern Ireland.
2. You are going to read the text about a famous landmark of Northern Ireland. Say what makes it such a special place.
The Giant’s Causeway is a beautiful remarkable landmark of Northern Ireland for many centuries. Usual columns in the form of stepping stones make it such a special place and attract thousands of tourists every year.
4. Read the definitions and match them to the words and phrases from the Vocabulary File.
1) a cliff foot to battle;
2) to floe back;
3) a causeway;
4) to stick out of;
5) from far and wide;
6) to ballot;
8) to rip up;
9) to be recognized for;
10) to fly;
11) to reach;
12) to announce.
5. Choose the correct item to complete the sentences.
7. Write the following sentences using the gerund.
8. Write the correct form of the verb.
3) to take;
5) to visit;
6) to show.
9. Read and act out the situation.
The pupils of your partner school in Great Britain have just come to visit Ukraine. Ask them about the most famous landmarks of their country. Be ready to answer their questions about the sites of Ukraine. Make short dialogues and present them in class.
1) What are the most famous landmarks of Ukraine?
2) Where are they situated?
3) What are they famous for?
4) How can we get there?
5) How long does it take to get there?
Якщо помітили в тексті помилку, виділіть її та натисніть Ctrl + Enter